Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 10:32:21 -0600
- From: Stuart Luppescu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- References: <AANLkTin_6WKROP=23wwvKKyEHGJNMA9rsrt8zEcMp_Zp@example.com>
- Organization: University of Chicago
On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 22:35 +0900, Ian Barwick wrote: > 2) If Android, which model? > The Samsung Galaxy S from Docomo looks like it might > fit the bill, but that's based on a quick trip through the Docomo > store. I have a Galaxy S (upgrade to Android 2.2 *still* not available -- grrrrr) and use ConnectBot as an ssh client. It works OK but the on-screen keyboard is a pain in the neck to use: Control-key combinations require 3 taps; characters like the pipe symbol require either a long tap or two short taps. As for the phone, I have persistent wifi problems. I have to power cycle the phone and/or the wireless router once a day to get it to connect successfully. Also, wireless connections with authentication through a web page seem to work about once. After that the authentication page does not come up. I've been told that the wifi problems are fixed in Android 2.2 but since the upgrade is not available yet, I have no way of telling if this is true or not. Other than that, I love this phone ;-) -- Stuart Luppescu -=- slu .at. ccsr.uchicago.edu University of Chicago -=- CCSR 才文と智奈美の父 -=- Kernel 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 Excellent, Berwin! Specifically the part about why the bug never really triggers wrong behavior. Your mail should be saved in 'The Annals of R' ... -- Martin Maechler (after Berwin A Turlach reported a buglet in 'splineeval') R-devel (July 2005)
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
- Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- From: Nguyen Vu Hung
- [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- From: Ian Barwick
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] PC Donations and wireless card/usb dongle plea
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] The wrong kanji
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links