Re: [tlug] ibus-anthy in RHEL6

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 08:01:56PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> I use English most of the time, but still have use for Japanese, usually
> in either openoffice or a UTF-8 capable terminal, e.g. uxterm.
>
> Due to the demands of my job, I have to keep using RH/Fedora products.
> (My preference is for more minimal systems, such as the BSDs or
> ArchLinux.)
>
> In Fedora, I can do the following.
>
> Choose a minimal installation.
> Install xorg afterwards, and openbox or fluxbox and also install
> ibus-anthy.  Everything works as it should.

Actually, this turned out to not be the case.  All RedHat systems have
the same problem, ibus-anthy (ibus itself actually) is missing a
dependency. It turns out (figured this out by doing a Debian install and
seeng what it pulled in as dependency that RH/Fedora didn't) that the
RH/Fedora ibus rpm doesn't have dbus-x11 as a dependency, and it is
required for ibus and ibus-anthy to work properly.

I've filed a bug and hopefully, it will be fixed shortly as it's a one
liner to be added to the ibus spec file.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6