Re: [tlug] [OT] Payment gateways in Japan.

Hello,

I will be brief.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Edward Middleton
<edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
> We are investigating payment gateways.  We basically need credit card
> and PayPal processing to start then may branch out to other forms of
> payment.  The options we came up with were.
>
> 1. PayPal Website Payments Standard
>
> https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/wp_standard

Paypal is not widely used in Japan.
And when someone asks for a 決済サービス in Japan, I think it should
support Credit Card, Paypal and Furikomi as well.

> 2. GMO Payment Gateway
>
> http://www.gmo-pg.com/
+1
which is better than Yahoo Payment.

> 3. Softbank Payment Services
>
> http://www.sbpayment.jp/
This is extremely slooooow :), but it works.
Comes with a nice set of examples.
Don't expect response time less than 10 seconds with this.

> Has anyone had any experience with using any of these payment gateways
> for payment processing?  How easy are they to integrate with? Are there
> other payment gateways you would recommend?
Transaction processing is a nightmare, we should check every cases and catch
every exceptions.

I would recommend re-using existing E-commerce frameworks such as
EC-cube or Magento (with SBPS module)
to reduce the effort you are going to make.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )