Re: [tlug] Backup Software

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Nicolas Limare <nicolas+tlug@example.com> wrote:

> > Alternatively, do you have any ideas for a good backup tool
> > I can use to backup the contents of various linux machines & servers
> > through the network?
>
> When it comes to backups I always prefer to use simple,

<s>low-tech</s>

I agree with you that rsync is simple, not but low-tech. Not many developers use
this kind of knife.

I agree with the following points: rsync + ssh + cron does the job.

One problem with rsync is that, sysadmins use it without knowing what
is being copied,
and what has changed while git knows it.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )