Re: [tlug] Arrrg! Permissions driving me nuts in PHP

Edmund, Kenneth, Christian, Fredric,

Thank you for responding.

The command I use to create the directory is simply:

mkdir($dirPath,0777);

$dirPath is, well, the name of the directory and the full path name.
That part seems to be working because the directory is placed in the
right location.

The PHP manual says that the default permission setting is 0777 anyway,
but I put it in there explicitly after I started seeing permission problems.

This is the permissions of the directory that won't let itself be deleted:

drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody nobody 4096 Nov 24 04:21 backup_20101124_-_042108

That "nobody" owner and group thing is something I haven't seen before.
I mean, as of yesterday when I was looking at it, the directories were
either owned by my user name, or with the number "99". Only now when I
went in there to try out my script and get the output for this posting
to the mailing list did I see it marked "nobody".

The situation is still the same as first reported. I create the
directory with mkdir(), and then I try and delete it a few lines later,
and it does not die.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G