[tlug] Multiple scp targets?

I have a batch file that does something like this:
 scp file1 file2 host1:/target/path1/
 scp file1 file2 host1:/target/path2/

The downside is it asks me the password twice. As I'm about to increase
that to 4 or more target paths I'm thinking there must be another way.

Any suggestions? Is there scp syntax to support this? Or a way to
remember the password? (but securely!)

I'm reluctant to use key-login for this; I like having to type a
password, as I have a different password for each machine, and I've
sometimes caught a typo with wrong target machine this way. And it feels
a bit more secure.

My final idea is to keep file1,file2, etc. in an svn repository. Check
them in, then ssh to host1 and run a script that does "svn update" in
each directory. But it took me ages to get svn working for people
outside my LAN before, all that tedious firewall config, user creation,
etc.; I'm also concerned how I properly partition for security purposes.
(I.e. I've got userX can access /var/svn/project1/, but I'm not sure
there is anything to stop them accessing /var/svn/project2/ ) Perhaps I
just need to find a good svn tutorial?

Thanks for listening, and your thoughts are welcome,

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)