[tlug] xpdf "save as" directory

Hello, whenever I download .pdf file with firefox it opens is with xpdf. So far so good. In the new xpdf window, I often use "save as" option to save the file. Unfortunately, since the browser is creating a temporary file in /tmp, xpdf displays that directory as a default destination for saving the .pdf file [1]. I would like to change that behaviour, so that xpdf _always_ uses some fixed (or _last used_ at least) directory to save files. I have read quickly through man pages of both xpdf and xpdfrc, but I do not see anything potentially useful.
Does anyone know a solution?

Michal

[1] that is xpdf uses current directory (which happens to be /tmp at the moment) as a default directory to save files to.