Re: [tlug] IE7, Wine and Javascript

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Kieckens <akieckens@example.com> wrote:
> I'm currently trying to set up a proper environment to test  my site,
> gametrip.org in IE7. I've managed to install IE using winetricks but
> even after a few hours of trying, I'm unable to get javascript working.

You might want to check out VirtualBox [1] and setup a Windows
instance to replicate the full IE & JavaScript environment.

In case you have no immediate access to a Windows XP/Vista/7
(trial/evaluation) license you also might want to consider creating an
Amazon EC2 account and use one of their default Windows Server
instances. [2]
It takes only a few minutes to set up and it would cost you less than
100 yen in case you need it for no more than a few hours of testing.

Cheers,

Peter

[1] http://www.virtualbox.org/
[2] http://aws.amazon.com/windows/