Re: [tlug] Where to get a "free" mp3 walkman in Japan

2010年 10月 7日(木)10:35 am に Lyle H Saxon さんは書きました:

> When I went, they didn't have any display at all!  Only an old
> brochure - for a version no longer available - I was told.  The man
> told me there was a newer version by order only.  Ah... thank you for
> mentioning this!  That's a very good reason for the shop not to
> promote something - if the supplier isn't giving them phones, there is
> no reason for them to try selling them!

A bit OT, but here goes.

The out-of-stock thing is due to the shortage of OLED displays ([1]), and
you can probably blame Samsung for that. HTC have switched to SLCD though,
so the phone should be available, not sure why you have to order, maybe
it's a Softbank thing. The whole thing is rather unfortunate, because the
Desire is a nice phone (despite the SenseUI BS). Hopefully someone will
bring the new ones (Desire HD and Z or whatever they call it now) to
Japan.

[1]
http://www.mobile-computing-news.co.uk/industry-news/6053/htc-switch-to-slcd-on-oled-shortage.html