Re: [tlug] Testing Apache for gzip modules

Romeo,

Thank you for responding.

I think I got the right path and the right LoadModule line, as you suggested were already mentioned in this thread.

Unfortunately, the line I added did not work.

Here's what I added (I put it right after another LoadModule line):
LoadModule deflate_module /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_deflate.so

... and here's what it said back to me when I tried to restart Apache:

# /etc/init.d/httpd start
httpd: Syntax error on line 34 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure 'deflate_module' in file /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_deflate.so is garbled - expected signature 41503232 but saw 41503230 - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO, or was compiled for a different Apache version?

The syntax looks the same as the LoadModule line that was already in the file:
LoadModule bwlimited_module modules/mod_bwlimited.so

... so I'm not sure how mine is wrong in comparison.

Any hints on where I went wrong?

--
Dave M G