Re: [tlug] cygwin then cmd.exe over SSH

> Any cygwin users here? We're having problems with different behaviour if
> I log in via ssh [compared to remote desktop]...

I was comparing the printenv output, and the most interesting difference
is that the remote desktop cygwin has this one:
  !::=::\

How I do escape that for an export command (in cygwin)? In other words,
how do I use bash to add that to my environment? I get "unrecognized
history modifier" with no quotes (or double quotes), and "not a valid
identifier" if I use single quotes.
(Ditto on ubuntu, so this is a general linux question I think.)

Darren