Re: [tlug] Uninterrupted power supply unit recommendations

but a more advanced power-conditioned UPS should protect you
against almost anything TEPCO can throw at you.

Dave, I think what you are really interesting is power conditioning. It's not just the spikes, but you can also have a dip in the rating as well. Power conditioning simply smooths out the spikes and the wells so that you have a nice steady flow of power. I have only used APC and for the most part it seems to do the job well but I am sure there are probably other alternatives. Note that the power conditioning and UPS don't necessarily need to be in the same physical unit.

sach