Re: [tlug] .bashrc not being source correctly

Bruno Raoult writes:

 > Strange, as it does not correspond to what happens on my system (as
 > explained in my last email - sorry for top-posting by the way).
 >
 > I don't have a .bash_profile (only .bashrc). .bashrc is evaluated
 > with both "su" and "su -".

In some systems ~/.profile or /etc/profile will do this for you.  This
may be set up automatically so you don't even notice it.

The bash startup sequence is way overcomplicated.  I'm not sure zsh's
is *better*, but it is equally powerful and much simpler (only a
little more complicated than POSIX sh).