Re: [tlug] Laptop power consumption

2010/8/18, Ian Barwick <barwick@example.com>:
> 2010/8/18 Marco Toldo <marcoxtoldo@example.com>:
> You might want to check if that's something like "maximum battery
> life under optimal conditions", i.e. running in a cool room with screen
> dimmed, network connections - particularly Wifi - off and the OS not
> doing much apart from displaying a terminal.

Unfortunately no additional details are given, but regardless of the
conditions I would expect at least 2 hours for simple tasks like
typing or web surfing (obviously without loading flash or java apps,
etc...) since it's a relatively new laptop model.

2010/8/18, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com>:
> Intels laptop processors have a TPD of usually around 25-35W.
> You can about half that for "normal" usage. Add another 5-10W for the
> chipset and graphics card, another 1-5W for the harddisk, about
> the same for the display and  you know where your power is flowing.

I didn't realize those numbers concerning Intel cpus.
I have to sadly admit I totally agree with your estimate...
Maybe it's time to look for a battery with higher capacity.

Marco