Re: [tlug] Webcam recommendation for Linux *and* Mac use

Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc.imbeault@example.com> wrote:

> How did you find out that the M/N where the same?

It is right on the page the link which I sent in the previous mail:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/downloads/webcams?WT.ac=bc|405|4528

Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000:
M/N: V-UBM46, UBM46

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000:
M/N: V-UBM46, UBM46

Logitech QuickCam® Vision Pro for Mac:
M/N: V-UBM46

> "While the Vision Pro appears to be a cosmetically redesigned 9000 Pro
> with gray and silver case, it is VERY DIFFERENT ON THE INSIDE."
> (http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/)
>
> I hope I'm wrong and you're right though!

The 2 M/Ns might mean that Logitech updated the hardware of
Quickcam/Webcam Pro some time in the past. Unfortunately I'm not sure
which one you'd get nowadays and whether it'd be the same one as the
Mac.

If you can read Japanese, here's a report of Quickcam Pro 9000 on OSX:
http://ar.aichi-u.ac.jp/osx/webcam/

And here's the 2ch thread I found by googling.  Some people reports
using the Quickcam Pro 9000 and a person have even bought the Vision Pro
from overseas.

http://pc11.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/mac/1167464326/

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>