Re: [tlug] [OT] A-bomb service

Shawn Brown wrote:
>> Annihilation of the human race is quite possible with nuclear weapons,
>> but probably not with conventional weapons.  I think that is a very big
>> difference.
>>
> In the end though, as we do everything possible to grow our economies
> and balloon our population with no plan for sustainability,  there
> very possibly could be an environmental collapse or exhaustion of
> resources that results in more deaths than the ugly wars we've seen.
>
> Which is more likely?  I don't fear nuclear weapons because that is
> something that may not happen.  As for running out of oil or the
> acidity in our oceans changing ... that kinda seems a certainty.  Your
> background in science may be better than mine so pardon if I seem
> naive.

Being wiped out by an environmental collapse involves us collectively
doing nothing.  Nuclear annihilation involves action by a small
minority.  I have more faith in us collectively solving the challenges
then I do in there not being a critical number of crazies with bombs.

But as our List Master has already said

Josh Glover Wrote:

> ... we should probably move this thread off list, as it has gotten
pretty far off topic ...

Edward