[tlug] DBA position

Hi Ya’ll,

I’m posting this because our client is having trouble finding the right person for the job. If you know anyone please let me know. As always, please email me directly for any questions.

Database Administrator:

The responsibilities of the job are for support and operations on a Global Sybase and MS-SQL database environment within the top-tier investment bank during APAC hours.

Key responsibilities include:

·         L3 support

·         Understand business priorities, meet business objectives.

·         Work as a member of a regional and global team, understanding process, seeking improvements and implementing them on a global or regional scale.

·         Communicate with customers to design, plan and coordinate implementation.

·         Provide support for weekend and after-hours and participate in on-call service.

·         Regular planned weekend work for infrastructure for server upgrades, patching, etc.

Required Skills

·         Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal audiences, and interacting with upper management.

·         Solid understanding of Sybase, Sybase replication server, MS-SQL. Strong diagnostic and performance tuning skills. Knowledge in Oracle DBMS would be nice.

·         Solid understanding of Unix, especially Solaris 10, RHL, and Windows, understanding paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices, and what device drivers do, file system concepts.

·         Ability to write scripts in an administrative language.

·         Familiarity with networking/distributed computing environment concepts.

·         Understands investment banking business, practices, and operations.

·         Strong English, Japanese desirable but not essential.

Must be motivated and focused on career building in Japan

To apply, please provide your resume to candidate@example.com

On LinkedIn:  http://jp.linkedin.com/in/timothytwc

Our blog: http://www.tradewindskk.wordpress.com

---

TradeWinds Consulting has a large client network in finance, working to fill mostly IT positions with top-tier financial services firms in Asia. The employment opportunities we have are rarely publicized to other resourcing companies. We have maintained our preferred vendor status consistently for nearly 5 years, through both bull and bear markets.

As a candidate, you will be treated with the utmost in confidentiality and respect you deserve, finding the right opportunities within front office, senior management, operations, IT, support and consulting.

Warmest regards,

Timothy

--
Timothy Trahan