Re: [tlug] Japanese fonts look insane in Java

2010年 7月 13日(火)10:09 am に Dave M G さんは書きました:

> All my Java applications, however, have defaulted to this sort of child
> like script font, which makes them hard to read and annoying to look at.
>
> I can't find anywhere to configure Java fonts, though.

This used to done with font.properties, not sure if this is still the
case.  Either the default one in your distribution is hosed, or the wrong
one is selected, or, for whatever reason, it's falling back to some ugly
font. Try changing your locale (en_US should work...).

Another thing to check is which java (distributions come with at least a
few flavours, plus the ones you installed) you are using: 'which java',
then follow symlinks till you get to the real binary.

More details about font.properties here, not sure how your distribution
does things, though:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17476_01/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/intl/fontprop.html

HTH