[tlug] Japanese fonts look insane in Java

TLUG,

I've just burned the last half hour on the net trying to figure out how to change the interface fonts in Java.

I'm running Ubuntu with a Japanese interface. The fonts in Gnome look fine. Also, I use UIM/Anthy to switch back and forth between English and Japanese input.

All my Java applications, however, have defaulted to this sort of child like script font, which makes them hard to read and annoying to look at.

I can't find anywhere to configure Java fonts, though.

There must be a way...?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G