Re: [tlug] Willcom 3G modem on Linux

> Thanks, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I changed
> /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf, but this seems to have changed to
> /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/19d2:0103 which seems to be the preferred format
> for the usb_modeswitch version shipped with Ubuntu 10.04. When I plug
> in the model I never get the /dev/ttyUSB* file, and when I check lsmod
> I see that usb_storage gets activated instead of usbserial, even
> though the 60-local.rules script is supposed to block this.

Sorry, I don't know well but USB_ModeSwitch has the feature to
deactivate to recognizing the HX003ZT as strage.

If the USB_ModeSwitch doesn't work, maybe you can use AT command to
the modem via windows.

1. configure HX003ZT on windows.
2. access the modem via PuTTY.
3. type AT command following.
# ATE
# AT+ZCDRUN=8     <- deactivate ZeroInstall storage feature

If you reactivate ZeroInstall, type AT+ZCDRUN=9.

* ZeroInstall is a feature which use as a strage to store the device
driver and the manual.

The instruction is from following blog using same vender ID as you have.
http://nblog.jp/0127
But the blog says, ID 0031 is for modem, and ID 2000 is for strage :-(

Above instruction is all out of my knowledge, please use on your self
responsibility.

HTH,
AM