Re: [tlug] [OT] What's up with online Japanese<->Japanese dictionaries?

> of the world by a language barrier. Most Japanese designers don't speak
> English very well, so new ideas and techniques have a 2-3 year delay
> until they become widespread in Japanese blogs.

No, even the ignorant natives of this poor secluded isle saw Google's
top page many years ago.

> But part of it is also user conditioning. Japan is one of the few
> countries where a cluttered portal like www.yahoo.co.jp is more popular
> than the clean www.google.com interface.

Yep, Yahoo Japan stubbornly refuse to change their interface in case it
earns them more money. They are a registered charity you see, not a
commercial company.

Sorry, hot steamy afternoons sometimes turn me sarcastic.

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)