[tlug] [OT] What's up with online Japanese<->Japanese dictionaries?

TLUG,

I've been trying to find a decent online Japanese<->Japanese dictionary.

By far, the two that come most recommended are Sanseido ( http://www.sanseido.net/ ) and Goo ( http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/ ).

The thing is, they aren't very complete.

For example, I recently looked up the word 補佐官. Neither dictionary had an entry for it.

However, if I look it up in any dictionary that is based on WWWJDIC, like Rikaichan, the English definition comes right up - "aide".

That's just one example of many words where I couldn't find a definition. Of course, 80% of the time it finds the words I'm looking for. The trouble is the more rare words are the ones that I have more of a need to find.

Is WWWJDIC just more complete and better than any Japanese<->Japanese online dictionary? Am I missing something, like... does one have to pay for access to a decent online J<->J dictionary? I've seen paid downloadable dictionaries (for Windows), but not for access to an online dictionary.

Bottom line, is there a J<->J dictionary online, free or paid, that is as complete as WWWJDIC?

--
Dave M G