Re: [tlug] [OT: recent legal changes for paypal in Japan?]

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 20:14 +0900, Edward Middleton wrote:

> The law they are referring to is the 資金決済法.  The law is designed to
> protect ignorant users from unscrupulous financial institutions.  My
> understanding is that because PayPal doesn't have a Japanese banking
> license so they are effected by this.

It could be that, or it could be that Japanese banks are feeling
threatened by these providers who don't charge relatively large fees per
transaction like banks do with every jidofurikomi. They do get a lot of
their revenue via those kinds of "service fees".

At any rate it's unfortunate. Of course people can donate via furikomi
but it's so mendokusai. Maybe I'll just put up an amazon wishlist, or
have links to incrementally priced "things" on yahoo auctions that I'm
"selling". Socks, anyone? Only used for 4 years and cheap at 3000 yen!

Cheers,
Scott