Re: [tlug] google ditching windows and going for open source software

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
Attila Kinali writes:

 > > A smart, ruthless manager would just raise wages all around (by
 > > about 25% of the productivity improvement expected ;-), and then
 > > enforce the unfamiliar but more productive environment.  "Cold
 > > turkey" works. ;-)
 >
 > I dont get what you want to say here.

I'm talking about how to keep whats-her-name quiet, the one who said
she'd raise hell if they took her MS Office away.  See below.

ROFL!  That would be me.  I didn't quite mean I would raise hell if MS Office was taken away, I said I would raise hell if my workflow changed in a way that made my work more inconvenient.  This was re: ODF vs. DOC formats and having to use a separate workstation to convert something before e-mailing it to someone else.   (You did mention this later in the e-mail, and _that_ was my point.)

But yes, if my salary were increased (not just a token 1000-yen what-have-you but some real increase), I would put up with it.  ^_^  If I'm being paid for the inconvenience, who am I to say no?

Ai Ling

--
Ai Ling Chow | alchow@example.com