Re: [tlug] google ditching windows and going for open source software

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Ai Ling <alchow@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung16plus@example.com>
>> Customers are kings!
>
> Unfortunately true.  ^_~  Personally, though, I am mindful of how much
> technological know-how is required to make sure _I_ get to do things
> smoothly without having to worry about whether it will work.  My philosophy
> when talking to tech people: "As long as it doesn't interrupt my workflow
> and I won't be able to tell the difference, do whatever you think is best.
Yes, as long as they are FOSS and in an open format :)

>> Trust me, no company can eliminate MS Office 100%.
>
> With Office Live is it possible?  I assume the free account will let most
> people do pretty much anything they need to do...
>
> Then again, Google Docs lets most people do pretty much anything they need
> to do, too.

Cloud violates 3 out of 4 freedoms by the definitions of free software (RMS).
I don't like both of them.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )