Re: [tlug] VRML model: superceded by X3D?

>> I think it was superseded by Flash. (Though Steve Jobs and a few VRML
>> die-hards might still be in denial :-)
>
> Flash doesn't provide hardware accelerated graphics, ...

I thought it had for years (though not on Linux, which was perhaps your
point?) however I could only find this reference that all graphics uses
the GPU as of Flash 10.1 (but windows OSes only):
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer10.1_hardware_acceleration.html

> I wouldn't use Flash for anything heavy with 3D.

Well people do, and using open-source libraries too, though maybe it
depends on what you mean by 3D and heavy. Do you have a URL of a VRML
demo that is impressive? (Ideally a youtube video of it, as I don't
really want to have to install yet another plugin.)

Darren