Re: [tlug] Printer recommendations if I can't fix mine?

Dave M G wrote:

> My Canon Pixus iP3100 printer is no longer printing colour correctly.
> It prints everything in shades of blue.

Inkjet printers are notorious for the ink cartridges getting clogged.

> I looked around online and found people recommending that it might just
> be a matter of cleaning the something-or-others in the printer. However,
> the cleaning instructions were beyond me.

Buy a new ink cartridge.

On Fri, 21 May 2010 22:29:58 +0900, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

> Unless someone here knows of a reliable printer cleaning/fixing service
> that is cheaper than buying new, ...

A new cartridge is much cheaper than a new printer.

> ... I'm in the market for a new printer.

By the way, laser printers don't have this problem.
As mentioned before, if you get a new printer,
get one that natively grok postscript (or PDF).