Re: [tlug] The Famous MMORPG Ultima Online on Linux

Jawaad Mahmood writes:

 > By all means, educate.

"First, you need to get their attention."  Insults do that pretty
well.<wink>  Or as a .sig I saw this morning put it, "It is better to
be quotable than to be truthful."

 > However, I respectfully submit to you that meaningless rancor only
 > reduces the level of discourse in an otherwise interesting list.

Please to call it "moral indignation", and it is *not* meaningless.
It's an indicator of frustration.

 > Apologies for prolonging this, but I feel strongly about the treatment
 > of newbies in the open source world.

Lewske, the "newbie" (which he actually isn't, except in the matter of
RFC 822 et amis) was treated -- and responded -- well, don't you
think?  It was Eduardo's misinformation about correct operation of
MUAs that elicited sharp responses.

Perhaps even then we could be more politically correct, but it is not
obvious to me that that would be "polite", and I'm pretty sure it
would be less effective.