Re: [tlug] Sudden Certificates Problem

On 05/07/2010 01:14 PM, Kyle Hasegawa wrote:

Your computer's clock is incorrectly set according to the email header.
I believe that could cause such expiration errors.

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:43:52 +0900

That would also affect virtualized guests unless they receive their time
from another source.

Thanks to Darren and Kyle. Guess I should check the simple stuff first. RE setting the date and time in BIOS didn't solve the problem completely; I also had to reset the time zone in the OS and log out once to reset it.

For some reason, the BIOS of my 64-bit machine (AMD CPU) was reset to default values when I upgraded Xubuntu to the 10.04 LTS version. It is only a small part of the many small problems I experienced and I'll be D/Ling a CD version and reinstalling. Fortunately, I temporarily have a spare 1Tb drive that I can copy key files on to before I strip and reinstall on this one. I'd thought of mirroring the drive, but that would just perpetuate the problem, wouldn't it?

Out of the three machines I upgraded, only one, an x86 machine running a P4 (my daughter's play machine) works properly after rebooting. The P4 x86 torrenting machine does not offer reboot or logout options, nor does Thunar (a stupidly named program at the cutting edge of 1986 tech) allow you to view subdirectories with a click -- you need to type in the full address in the location bar.

The one machine that works properly uses an ATI video card (x86) and has an IDE HDD; the two that don't both have NVidias (x86 + 64-bit, 1 each) and SATA HDDs. The two x86 machines are both IBM ThinkCentres and are basically similar with the exception of video cards and HDDs.

Nothing conclusive, just observing ...

--
CL