[tlug] Trying Ubuntu 10.04

I'm commissioning a new workstation tomorrow, so
I thought I'd try Ubuntu 10.04. I decided to test the
CD by booting it on my oldish Thinkpad R50e. It
went part way through booting (logo with the 5
red/white spots changing), then the screen cleared and
it died.

I made a fresh CD and tried again. Same result.

I hunted out my 9.10 CD - everything went OK.

Just in case it was a wobble in the Thinkpad, I'll
try 10.04 on the (Monash) system but  I think I'll
be sticking with 9.10 for the time being.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University