Re: [tlug] strange nfs crashes

* Stephen Lee (sl-tlug@example.com) [100415 17:09]:
> Does the server have a gigabit NIC?  Is it possible that
> autonegotiation of speed/duplex failed or your network admin turned off
> autonegotiation on the switch?

I have checked it now with ethtool on server side:

        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 1000Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: MII

So this is perhaps OK.

On clients side I looked just a little while ago, it was OK too. But I have changed the
speed to 100Mb/s for now, since I want to simulate the situation at our office in a wild
attempt to find the critical difference. I need to run some computation, so now I will
wait and see if it crashes or not. If yes, I plan to do packet comparison as suggested by
Kalin.

Meanwhile I am still trying to understand the NFS debug messages...

Best regards
Michal