Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
- Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:29:02 +0900
- From: Romeo Theriault <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
- References: <email@example.com> <SNT136-w199CA623E7E2556D3BE9FEA2150@example.com>
2010/4/9 Raedwolf Summoner <firstname.lastname@example.org>Today a major update notice came to my system, and I agreed, as always,
to let Ubuntu update itself. Major problems.
1. No sound.
Pulse Audio maybe?
2. No scanner (although the printer portion of the Brother all-in-one printer/fax/scanner works).
3. Wondering what else is broken.
Any suggestions as to where I should start trying to fix this? (I am not a geek,
and really don't know where to start.)
I'd start by checking the /var/log/messages log to see what kind of errors you may be getting. (Also check while you try to use the sound card and start the scanner.) You might also check what packages got updated and google for fixes for them. I think ubuntu logs the updates in /var/log/apt/term.log. I does for me anyway but I use apt-get. But I think looking for errors in the logs is the best place to start then either ask the list about the specific errors if a few googles haven't helped out.
- Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
- From: Scott Robbins
- [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
- From: Raedwolf Summoner
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu update woes
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links