[tlug] speech recognition?

What is the current state of play of Linux speech recognition
software?  Is anyone in the group actively using something?  The
projects Google is finding for me see rather quiet.

I'd like to find an active open source speaker-independent library
with a modestly constrained English (at first) vocabulary for
incorporation in our educational/tutorial software.

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/ZL2IA/AI8A  Gisborne, NZ        GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/