Re: [tlug] OT Thread Hijacking

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Technically, threading is done with the In-Reply-To and References
> headers.  In-Reply-To contains the message-ID of one or more messages
> which are being replied to.  It's very rare to see multiple message
> IDs, though.

At least mutt will generated such when tagging multiple messages and
tag-replying to them.  :)
It will also then automatically quote all tagged messages in the
tag-reply. By 'tag-reply' I mean using the 'use the next command on
all tagged messages' prefix command before hitting reply.
I.e. (assuming default keybindings) tag multiple messages with 't',
then use ';r' to tag-reply.

The annoying thing of course is that some (many?) web-mailers don't
even bother setting In-Reply-To or References...

--
Tobias						PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de