Re: [tlug] Sharp NetWalker PC-Z1(J)

On 10/02/18 11:49, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Stephen A. Carter writes:

> The dictionary model seems to come with the dictionary data on an SD > card. I hope there's some way to transfer that data to the internal > storage unit permanently[*] and free up the SD slot.

Probably not.  At least, several models of the Zaaurus with a similar
arrangement did not.  It wasn't that big a deal for me, most things I
did with separate storage didn't require the dictionary, and most
things I did with the dictionary required small enough space that
there was plenty free on the dictionary card.

Ah.

I remember banging my head against some silliness when I tried to relocate the bundled dictionaries from the /hdd3/dict1 and /hdd3/dict2 directories on the C3000's internal Microdrive, but I have no experience with Zaurus models that keep their dictionaries on an external card. Maybe Ubuntu being used as the OS means symlinks are an option.

I would bet that even at that size any replacements will require a
soldering iron and voiding your warrantee.  Ask Sharp?

Warranty issues aside, if the internal Microdrive is accessible, it's replaceable, and CF cards will fit the same connector. But yeah, asking Sharp looks like the next step. Thanks for the thoughts.

--
Stephen A. Carter
scarter@example.com