Re: [tlug] Sharp NetWalker PC-Z1(J)

On 10/02/17 22:42, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
The description looks very similar to a Zaurus (including the
dictionaries), but it's about twice the size of the Zaurus.

Thanks for the response.

The size bothers me a bit, too. It's paperback-size instead of shirt-pocket-size...but at least it's not netbook-size. And the screen looks gorgeous.

The dictionary model seems to come with the dictionary data on an SD card. I hope there's some way to transfer that data to the internal storage unit permanently[*] and free up the SD slot.

I'm thinking about buying one anyway, but I doubt I'll be as happy
with it as I was with my now-defunct SL-C3200.

My condolences on your loss. I've tried to be gentle with my C3000, but after nearly six years of daily use, it's showing its age.

[*] I'm also interested in knowing how easy it is to replace the internal drive, which looks like it's a 4GB or 6GB Microdrive, and that's not much space at all. (I've replaced the original 4GB Microdrive in my C3000 with a 32GB CF card.)

--
Stephen A. Carter
scarter@example.com