Re: [tlug] Netbooks

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 10:41:10AM +0900, Alan Busby wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
>

> I've been unimpressed with netbooks so far, either windows or linux, but one
> with the new chrome OS might be much better.

I've tried the Chrome O/S and Moblin--for _me_, at least, I've just
found the easiest thing is to install and use fluxbox or openbox.

> On a separate, but related note,
> I'm hoping the iPad will fill this niche nicely. We'll have to wait and see
> though.

Some might be amused by the youtube Hitler reaction to the iPad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4

Even though these subtitled Hitler rants are getting old, this one
actually did make me laugh out loud once or twice.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6