[tlug] IBus for Japanese input

I've only just become aware of this as an alternative to scim today,
after scim has started acting unpleasantly (not necessarily entirely its
fault) and I find their web site is broken (seems like I noticed this
was the case weeks ago, but that could be a false memory. If it's true
though, strikes me as a very bad sign viz. the viability of scim).

A search of the list archive reveals that Scott Robbins mentioned Ibus
last May, but it didn't generate any discussion.

Anyone using it now?  Happy with it?  Know something about it that
I should know before I waste^H^H^H^H^Hspend a lot of time messing
with it...?

Thanks,
Dave