[tlug] file transfers stalling with vpn under linux

We are having problems with the above. Although we can ping, even small file transfers are stalling across the vpn link.  We are using racoon.  I'm looking for someone who could come in and help fix this for us as a one time job.

Please send a mail if you can help of if you know someone who can.  Thanks