Re: [tlug] (OT) SEO - human readable url

Henri Servomaa wrote:
> Thanks for all the feedback!
>
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:55 AM, Edward Middleton wrote:
>
>> Generally the ?foo=bar&... indicates a page has bean dynamically
>> generated and shouldn't be cached let alone used by a search engine.
>>

> Yeah, this is another reason why it's interesting.
> Even Amazon has readable urls nowadays, with japanese product names. A
> lot of sites used to (and still have) somewhat cryptic urls though,
> but the push is clearly to restful schemes.
> I'm still looking at understanding how much a readable url will
> improve the pagerank..

I don't think you are going to get a definitive answer on this from
anyone, except possibly someone doing research at Google,  or are you
just after subjective assessments?  Looking at the PageRank wikipedia
page[1],  it looks like actual search results use a SERP rank which is a
combination of PageRank and browsing habits + alpha ;)

Edward

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank