Re: [tlug] Linux 7 year ago? [was Re: [OT] job posting]

2009/12/21 Patrick Bernier <pat@example.com>:

> Quoting Josh Glover:
>> I had a real Apple //c [...] and one wonderful tome on 80K assembler!!!
>
> If you meant 8K or 68K, it might have been useful for programming some
> /other/ computer, but probably not the //c's 65C02 ;->

D'oh! *facepalm*

How right you are. Let me see if I can find the book on Amazon; I
remember the cover quite well.

http://www.amazon.com/s?keywords=apple iic
assembly&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aapple iic assembly%2Ci%3Astripbooks

Curses! No covers. I'll have to dig the book out next time I'm
Stateside. I still have the //c as well, and I've always meant to
write an OS for it, you know, Just for Fun(TM). ;)

> The ][+ also came with a 300bps modem -- which arguably changed my life.

Yeah, my first modem was a 1200 baud one, so you know I was late to
the party (though I partially made up for it by "sysoping" my own
BBS). Was your 300 baud one of the acoustic coupler models?

--
Cheers,
Josh