[tlug] usb microscope for linux?

Michal Hajek writes:

 > I wonder if I can rely on the specification at the web page, which
 > mentions linux.

Why not?  I'd worry more about the quality of the optics.

 > What does it mean "Plug-and-play, no need for driver"  in context of
 > linux ?

It means that there's some USB spec for video that it conforms to, and
that spec is implemented in drivers distributed standard with recent
enough versions of Linux.  The fact that they don't say what that spec
is, is a quality issue (unless it's included in the USB 2.0 spec, but
that seems unlikely to me -- I am not a hardware expert, though, just
OCD about standards :-).  But it probably does work.