Re: [tlug] VOIP SIP from Japanese ISPs

Hello Simon,

We are using denphone (http://www.denphone.com/) for this and are extremely happy with them. We basically get an IAX2 trunk from them and that connects to our local asterisk box from which we do SIP and a lots of other really cool stuff. There is a base charge of about 5000en (for two channels and one phone number), but their call rates are extremely reasonable and they are extremely knowledgeable about asterisk in general.

If your agency doesn't really need the flexibility of asterisk there are a number of other "out of the box" solutions (some bundled with ISP services) that are very reasonably priced but not nearly as cool.

Cheers,
Sach