Re: [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?

Gernot Hassenpflug writes:

 > But is there a name (or token <g>) for such a "proper" style?

"Netiquette-conforming."

There was a day when it was so common, and accepted by consensus, that
it didn't need a name.  But here we are on www.saruyama.biz, aka, the
humor-impaired think that Brad is serious:

 > Or is it simply referred to via a RFC number?

Netiquette is an informal user-side protocol, not a defined wire
format.  It should not have an RFC number, so no real IETF grok knows
what it is.[1]  Nevertheless, it's RFC 1855:

    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

Footnotes:
[1]  I found it only by accident, Goggling for "netiquette faq".