Re: [tlug] recomendations for a functional language

Stupid grammar mistakes creep in after a day of hard work..

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Jianshi Huang <jianshi.huang@example.com> wrote:

> Wrong. Haskell is too far from Lisp.
>
> 1) Lisp is all about macrology.
> 2) Lisp is dynamic and all the reflexive.

2) Lisp is dynamic and everything is reflexive.

> 3) Lisp is about incremental development.
> 4) Lisp is about hooking to the compiler and runtime.
>
> We programmers can take it if the errors we didn't understand or

We programmers can take it if the errors are what we didn't understand
or couldn't foresee.

> couldn't foresee, but for trivial errors, it's a shame. So it's more
> of a psychological boost. Static type system gives you a safe belt so
> you will feel you are protected, but never try driving over 180.

I think that's why people using dynamically typed languages tend to
prefer TDD and defensive programming.

Cheers,
Jianshi