Re: [tlug] Permissions on local Apache web testing environment

Edmund,

Thank you for responding.
> So your Apache currently thinks that when you ask it for a file at
> http://local_website.com/javascript/touchmove.js
> ...it should look for that file at:
> /usr/share/javascript/touchmove.js
>
> That's a pretty eccentric place to expect to find a Javascript file...

Whoops! I didn't catch that. Thanks for pointing it out. I've been
moving a bit to fast and furious, I need to slow down and pay more
attention.

The files are in /javascript, which is in the document root relative to
the index.html of the web site.

The absolute path is /var/www/Web/Sites/website.com/javascript/

As stressed a couple of times, the file directory structure is exactly
the same before my computer crashed, so it's not the JavaScript that has
moved, it's Apache that's looking in the wrong place. The question now
is why the heck is Apache looking in /usr/share?

Off hand I can't think of any reason why it would attempt to look there.
Nothing in httpd.conf points there. There are no symlinks to there.

I'm going to poke around for settings that might lead to /usr/share, but
if anyone has any suggestions, please share them.

And thanks to everyone for being so helpful thus far.

--
Dave M G