Re: [tlug] Permissions on local Apache web testing environment

2009/11/2 Dave M G <dave@example.com>:
> Kalin,
>
> Thanks for responding.
(...)
>> 2. What is happening?
>>
> After restoring all my files, the JavaScript is no longer working. I
> know the browser is not refusing JavaScript because I can see JavaScript
> in action on other pages.
>
> Because I was previously seeing permissions errors on my PHP scripts, I
> was tempted to think that permissions were a problem with the JavaScript
> files. But I've verified that all files have the same permissions and
> owners as before the crash.
>
> Right now the site is behaving as if it can't find or can't run the
> JavaScript.

Can you load the JavaScript files directly into your browser? (I.e.
copy the "/path/to/javascript.js" part from <script
src="/path/to/javascript.js"> and access it as
"http://yourlocalservername/path/to/javascript.js";, or as-is if the
src attribute of  <script> tag already contains the explicit
hostname).

More importantly, what do your Apache logfiles say?

Ian Barwick