Re: [tlug] linux@example.com How many widely can we do that?

2009/10/28 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:

> Curt Sampson writes:
>
>  > Documentation should come from code whenever possible.
>
> I disagree.  The code should be written to implement the
> documentation.

Wow, it's 2007 again! ;)

Two years on, I still agree with Steve, and this is the crux of my
argument that it is hard to scale agile practises across geographic
locations (I originally said "enterprise", but after lots of
discussion and hearing Steve's data points from XEmacs, it seems that
the common factors are developers not physically co-located). The
trick seems to be having small, co-located teams that produce good
documentation of the sort Steve describes as part of their sprint
deliverables. Even then, the complexity inherent in a large system is
a tough problem to solve.

--
Cheers,
Josh