[tlug] Testimonial: Linux to the rescue.

Hey all,

Now I know many of you use Linux at work on a daily basis, but in
my company everyone uses Windows machines running XP (all
of them with different images, specs, software). Anyway, I work in
a company that makes video games, in this case for PSP. We
publish games, and don't really do much development in house.

I received an image from the developer and burned it to disc in the
standard manner described in the documentation. When I went to
test the image to confirm that the ROM they provided was functional,
I found that the test kit couldn't read the image...... At this point I'm
thinking "WTF." I wasn't sure if it was an issue with the ROM, or with
the software, the settings, the disc or the hardware. So, I try again just
to try to rule out having a bad disc... but same results.
Next I wanted to rule out the software, so I just popped in my USB
flash drive, restarted the PC and booted up my Live Ubuntu (with
Brasero). Burned the disc for a third time and, presto changeo,
it works! It's a good thing I keep that Live drive in my drawer or I
might have wasted the day just trying to burn a goddamn disc in
Windohs.

Anyway, that's my story, not so dramatic, but Linux came through
in a pinch!

-Mike