Re: [tlug] Where to buy Samsung T260HD monitor, or similar?

> It's new computer time and I have found the Samsung T260HD 26"
> monitor/TV online (avaialable in the UK) but not sure if it's available
> here, or has a different name, or what. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

>From my experiences to live in both UK and Japan,
the same SAMSUNG TVs which you can buy in Comet or Currys in UK
are not available in Japan.
SAMSUNG is just distributing up to 24 inches panels here.

http://www.samsung.com/jp/consumer/subtype/subtype.do?group=computersperipherals&type=monitors&subtype=lcd

Even TV smaller than 24 inches,
SAMSUNG brand TV is very difficult to find in Japan.

There are two reasons I think.

Firstly, SAMSUNG is manufacturing panels with SONY
in joint venture.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200607/06-0714E/index.html

So, you can buy SONY if you are looking for
the same class SAMSUNG TV.

Secondly,
the market of larger size TV is too competitive for SAMSUNG here.
Panasonic, SHARP, SONY, TOSHIBA, Hitachi etc.
all have 3D vision support 103inch TVs.

Hope this suggestion could be of your help.

Sotaro